Re: Installing Etch on Macbook?

Jerome BENOIT wrote:
have you tried with the latest Mactel patch ?

No. I've used vanilla Debian netinst iso-image. I've burned one 15th Feb and another one today, 26th Feb. Both function equally ie. result a complete keyboard freeze immediately after displaying the boot prompt.

I have no idea of how to get mactel-patched kernel into netinst image. So it's back to reading debian.org, I guess, heh.

do you run a i386 or an amd64 kernel ?

I've used both i386 amd64 netinst iso images. Both behave similarly.

--
Sami Laine @ GMail