Re: wifi failed after hibernate

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 04:01:06AM -0800, Joe Emenaker wrote:
From: Joe Emenaker <joe@emenaker.com>
To: Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>
CC: debian-laptop <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: wifi failed after hibernate

Gerard Robin wrote:
when my laptop starts, the connection wifi works fine, after that my laptop has hibernated, when I restart, all works fine except the connection wifi.

I've been experimenting with the hibernate tool, myself (you *did* say "hibernate", so I'm assuming that you're using the hibernate package, and not just "echo disk > /sys/power/state"). If you look through the hibernate conf file, you should come across a section that says:
### network
# DownInterfaces eth0
# UpInterfaces auto

I uncommented these (and changed eth0 to be the interface of my wifi) and things worked fine. This should work to fix problem types #1 and #2.

Ah...! It's miraculous, the wifi works after hibernate now, many thanks.

DownInterfaces ath0
UpInterfaces auto      are in /etc/hibernate/common.conf for me.

But now I am going to understand what I did :-)

Thanks to all who helped me so kindly.

--
Gérard