Re: Video issues with T42 running Etch and more

On 2/1/07, Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org> wrote:

> I see that there is only 504MB of ram where as it must have been 512.
> where has the rest 8mb gone? I understand that this happens only when
> its shared by the VGA controller and in this case why would the VGA
> controller share it because its got 32 MB of vram.

i bet 8mb are lost because auf AGP, the agpgart driver in linux by default
grabs 8mb of memory.

I were wondering why video drivers would grab memory outside of the
allready existing 32 mb vram that there on the vedeo card.  My 600E
did'nt have any missing physical memory even though it had only 2mb
vram.  anything... thank you.

Florian Reitmeir