Re: kernel 2.6.19 + Cisco 350 Wireless adapter needs manual config

Hi,

please do not hijack threads, simple start a new one.
Its hard to read, and harder for people in the futures if they try to read
the archive to get a solution for their problems.

On Mon, 15 Jän 2007, Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:

> I do not know if this will help but I get a slightly older kernel
> running with this adapter.
> I have to admit even if I'm not yet under 2.6.19, I'm currently under
> Etch 2.6.18-7.
> Anyhow I faced to a very annoying issue with a HP Laptop Omnibook900 and
> exactly the same Cisco 350 Wireless adapter.
> When using the Debian package linux-image package (2.6.18-7) from Debian
> the pcmcia card is configured an work like a charm.

a look at

linux-source-2.6.18 - Linux kernel source for version 2.6.18 with Debian patches

reveals that there is no debian specfic patch for that card.. so you should
ask that the kernel ML.

> But when I do use my own compiled kernel I have always the same problem
> (I have tried many .config w/o any success):
> - The card is recognized in both cases (Yenta CardBus Bridge) and I do
> have equivalent tons of kprintf messages with my compiled airo module I
> always have the following:
>
> airo(eth0): BAP error 4000 0
> airo(eth0): Bad size 2630
> airo(eth0): BAP error 4000 0
> airo(eth0): Bad size 2636
> airo(eth0): airo: BAP setup error too many retries

Florian Reitmeir