Re: synaptics mouse driver isn't started automatically while booting

Thank you for the hint. But it doesn't work. Neither with usb-handoff nor without. I don't know whether this notebook has got a faulty usb implementation. So I have to work with my workaround. Maybe the next notebook will work as expected.

Thanks again. Bye Martin

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 12:17:05PM +0100, Martin Brakus wrote:
> Sorry, for waiting for an answer so long.
>
> Meanwhile I switched to Ubuntu on my notebook. There I had the same problem
> with the mouse/touchpad. After deleting the file with the input-rules for
> udev (/etc/udev/rules.d/65-persistent-input.rules) and reload the psmouse
> module in the /etc/rc.local the touchpad is working as wanted. Also an
> ordinary mouse connected to usb works. I don't know if it is the right way
> but it works.

Actually one last thing you may want to try (and that I should have
mentioned earlier) is looking if you have Legacy USB support set to on
in your bios and eventually disabling it.

Bye
--
mattia
:wq!