Re: losing mails

Mihira Fernando wrote:

> Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On my laptop I run Postfix to send mails. I receive mails from my
>> gmail account using fetchmail.
> [snip]
>
> Why bother with all this ? Use an email client like Thunderbird directly
> with gmail to handle your mail.

Because it doesn't always do a very good job.  I do much the same as Ritesh.

And to answer the actual question, Ritesh, the problem seems to be with your
understanding of Maildirs.  NEVER deliver mail to the "cur" directory.
Incoming mail goes to the "new" subdirectory.

btw, Ritesh, you mentioned:

> What if you have your own domain but no hosting services. You want to
> receive mails for your domain. You can, ofcourse, forward incoming
> mails to a gmail account and pull from thre using fetchmail.

Google is now running a "hosted" email beta.  My mail at pointerstop.ca is
actually gmail, and my MX points to google.
--
derek