Driver for I915 GM graphics card in LINUX DEBIAN...plz help

hi,

I own a dell inspiron 6000 with standard hardware. It comes with a Intel 915 GM graphics card. I installed Dedian Sarge DIstro on my dell Laptop. the X server is not starting as it gives me an error on the screen and gives a prompt of not recognizing my Graphics card i.e. the startx command is not working or help me with some driver installation for this graphic card. Can anybody suggest me the way to get debian started (desktop environment) on my laptop and I am a newbie as well to linux. I have tried the DELL forums but no support. But i can manage the problems so please help me and will be greatly appreciated..

THanks

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football ?06 - Go with the leader. Start your league today!