Re: questions about toshiba tecra 8100

BYRDHLTH@aol.com wrote:
I searched for Toshiba Tecra 8100 "error messages". I site came up that had multiple questions and answers. You answered many questions. Your email address appeared in the answers. The site may have been linked to "Toshiba Support Communications Center". Sorry if this was an intrusion.

No problem, I was just curious of why someone would ask at a linux list for Microsoft support.

On the other hand, since M$ don't offer this kind of support...

A quick search on google it appears that you have a virus on your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294728

Apparently this virus also has potential to install additional software. You can follow the instructions from the link. However, if you really want to be sure that all malicious software is removed, the only solution would be to do a fresh install of an operating system.

The other readers of this mailing list you wrote to avoid these kind of problems by using Debian GNU/Linux, an operating system with much more features than any M$ product and the additional benefit of much increased security. Check it out at

http://www.debian.org/

Johannes

NB: Use debian-laptop@lists.debian.org only for questions about using Debian on laptops.