Re: questions about toshiba tecra 8100

BYRDHLTH@aol.com wrote:
I work from home while I care for my profoundly retarded and handicapped. Can you tell me what to do about my laptop? On boot, the following message appears: ***STOP: 0x0000001E <0xC0000005,0xBFEB30C1,0x00000000,0x464A9169>
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

From google I gather that this is a problem related to Windows. Could you please tell us, how you came to ask for help at debian-laptop@lists.debian.org.

I would really like to know where you got this e-mail address.

***Address BFEB30C1 base at BFEAD000, DateStamp 3a68bea9 - NCIS.sys
It then states to start in SafeMode, which does not change anything. The same thing still happens. Then it says disable BIOS memory ( I haven't got a clue what that is or how to doe it). Anything you can tell me will mean a great deal to me.

You can avoid all those windows problems once and forever, if you switch to linux. Debian is an excellent choice for that and there will be many people on this list and on debian-user, who will kindly help you with any problem that you would have on a Debian GNU/Linux system.

Johannes