Re: Laptop and Distro Recommendations?

Yes, that is presuming you are connected to the Internet by default.  I
basically had to get most of the connection up via command line.  Fortunately
I've been using Linux for a number of years.

Needless to say, my friend was not impressed with how hard it appears to get up
and running.

5 disks with all imaginable packages (Libranet, SuSE and others) beats having to
install over the Internet (because a single CD install like Ubuntu simply
limits what you have).

Even for myself I'm not enthused by Ubuntu.