Re: fan on after resume

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:11 am, Daniele wrote:

[...]
> Finally I made 'suspend-to-ram' working on my Toshiba Satellite M40.
> Unfortunately although it sleep and resume quite well, the fan is alwais on
> after resuming. The cpu temperature is ok and I don't understand why the
> fan should be on.
[...]

I had the same fan issue on resume for a whitebox (no-name) Centrino laptop;
never got resume to work properly - the touchpad never came back on - but I
did solve the fan thing with:

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/fan/FAN/state

in a shell, (or you could put it in a script called from hibernate.ram.)
Oddly, it was often necessary to do it twice.

Hope this helps,

John