Re: synaptics mouse driver isn't started automatically while booting

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 04:45:54PM +0100, Martin Brakus wrote:
> Mattia Dongili wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 09:22:00PM +0100, Martin Brakus wrote:
> >[...]
> >

> >>After reload of psmouse the touchpad works as expired. But after reboot
> >>the touchpad doesn't work. I always have to reload the psmouse modul
> >>manually.
> >>
> >>Is there a way to fix this?
> >>

> >sounds like the "usb-handoff" kernel option might help.
> >Can you try booting with that option?
> >

> Hi Mattia,
>
> the usb-handoff is not the solution. I still have to reload the psmouse
> after rebooting.
>
> I read that I have to load the usb modul before the psmouse is loaded.
> Maybe that's the point? How can I configure this? In the /etc/modules
> psmouse is listed but not any usb module:
> ide-cd
> ide-disk
> ide-generic
> psmouse
> sbp2
> sr_mod
>
> Do I have to edit this file? Although there is any line concering usb in
> this file usb is working. So where do I set the order of starting?

yes, just add usb modules before psmouse (eg: you'd just need "hid" as
all the rest will be loaded as a dependency).

Anyway the usb-handoff thing should already have taken care of it...

by the way, could you post the difference of the contents of
/proc/bus/input/devices before and after reloading psmouse?

--
mattia
:wq!