Re: Dynamically mount shares

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 19:13 -0500, Marvin Renich wrote:
> If you are using a new enough kernel, I highly recommend sshfs, which is
> a FUSE filesystem that uses ssh.  You can mount a subtree of a remote
> filesystem and then access it with the same permissions as if you were
> using an ssh session (which you are).  Also the mount can be done by a
> regular user; root privileges (or predefined entries in fstab) are not
> necessary.

Sure, I could use sshfs instead of cifs. But that still leaves the
question of how to do the dynamic mounting. I do not want to type in
some mount command before I can access the share. Rather, it should just
be there, whenever I need it and can access it. So that leads me to
autofs again, but then there's not a real difference between sshfs and
cifs, right? Or is there some easier way to accomplish this with sshfs?

Koen