Re: xorg and 1280x800

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:17:48 -0000 (GMT) richard@the-place.net wrote:

> Quick question: Has anybody here succeeded to get 1280x800 resolution
> with a widescreen laptop?  I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z which has, in
> common with a few others, this:
>
> 0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
> 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)
>
> I've seen a lot of comments by googling but failed to get anything
> better than 1024x768 with everything stretched out of shape.

Don't really have expirience with this (my only Intel chip was an old
8xx with 1024 native) but I think this package should help you:
915resolution - resolution modification tool for Intel graphic chipset
I remember reading about this several times in different wikis, eg here:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/1400x1050_on_Intel_915GM (different
resolution, same problem)

regards, Evgeni

--