Re: "receive_packet failed on wlan0: Network is down", "No DHCPOFFERS received."

florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> >If the above is all OK then it might be a problem with dhclient. There
> >are two DHCP client packages in Debian, "dhcp-client" and
> >"dhcp3-client". Make sure to try it with both of them.
> > I apt-get installed dhcp3-client. How do I invoke it?

dhcp3-client replaces dhcp-client when you install it. The command is
exactly the same, "dhclient wlan0". However, I don't think it can work
unless we solve the "Access Point: Invalid" problem first.
That solved the problem. Simply doing

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install dhcp3-client

These issues come since I am using Testing, which is almost in perpetual
change...so sometimes things get broken but fixed quickly...

Regards, Florian...

Juanjavier.