Re: Broadcom 4318

On 10/30/06, Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org> wrote:

On Son, 29 Okt 2006, Florian Reitmeir wrote:

> On Sam, 28 Okt 2006, David Gasa Castell wrote:
> > bcm43xx: Radio turned off
> > bcm43xx: Radio turned off
> make sure your "wlan" switch on the laptop is turned on, normally its on the
> front/downside on the laptop

my debian laptop runs Debian GNU/Linux (Sarge) and I use a pcmcia
wi-fi card(linksys)

relevant lspci -v out is:

0000:06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown device
4318 (rev 02)
       Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0048
       Memory at 10c00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

justin@thinkpad:/home/extra/elina$ dmesg | grep ndis
ndiswrapper version 1.1 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=no)
ndiswrapper: driver lsbcmnds (The Linksys Group, Inc.,02/14/2005, loaded
ndiswrapper: using irq 11
wlan0: ndiswrapper ethernet device 00:14:bf:ac:53:ee using driver
lsbcmnds, configuration file 14E4:4318.5.conf

the 4318 works fine for me.  However I don't seem to precisely
understand the issue.

And yes Florain, Ndiswrapper is not at all a good solution.  It just
happened that I got a card and since I could not find another way of
using it, I use the wrapper.

in this case ..
try to connect them (or get the newest source from the site), so they can fix
this problem. the driver is under heavy development.

Florian Reitmeir