Re: Laptop-Auswahl - Sony?

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:49:44 +0200 Boris Andratzek wrote:

> >>- HD >= 120 GB
> >

> > have 100Gb, it's enough =)
>
> Well, yes, enough.... Let me be honest: I like to use the maschine as
> entertainment as well besides being a working horse. Collect some
> movies and some MP3s and you'll be happy with a huge disk!

Thats why I have a fileserver with 500GB space at home and copy the
stuff I need to the laptop, when I'm on a tour.

> >>- if possible MultiMedia-Features like camera, DVB-T-tuner,
> >>HDMI-Output....
> >

> > as written for Bluetooth - if these features are built in, they will
> > use a lot of power, even if you do not use them.
>
> Yes, I know, but as mentioned above, I like to have som fun with the
> laptop as well!
> I logged my typical using in the past and realized I do not use the
> computer with battery...

Okay, so you are searchin for a desktop-replacement laptop.

> >>But what about Modem, LAN, Cardreader, Camera, DVB-T-Tuner,
> >>S-Video, HDMI, Bluetooth???
> >

> > Modem - do you really need it? these are mostly a part of the
> > soundcard on recent laptops. May work, maybe not.
>
> I find it a good idea to have EVERY possibility to connect. Also I
> have a ISDN-PCMCIA-Card....

Hm, kay. As I've seen online, the Vaio has an Intel HD Audio (fuckin
not hd, not even low-d :( - just my expirience, have this chip too),
the modem should work under linux, but I never tested this.

> > At least, I think you already know http://tuxmobil.org, look at
> > this if not, but your particular model isn't listed there.
>
> I saw that. Maybe it's too new....

There was a sony linux mailinlist (I had a Vaio before I got the
ThinkPad), you maybe want to find it and ask there for the hardware
specs.

Damn, just googled around, the _WAS_ a list, it has been closed in
01-2006. Bad luck.

Maybe you can find a shop near you, where you can access the Vaio and
boot it with Knoppix. The output of lspci and lsusb would be very
helpful. (Don't try this in Saturn or MediaMarkt - they won't
understand your issue).

kind regards
Evgeni Golov