Re: Toshiba A105-S2101 Laptop - minor issues

Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
> did a recent kernel (2.6.18) or new alsa drivers resolve the issue?

I haven't upgraded the kernel yet.  alsa works well with 2.6.17 and
there are no problems.

> wireless is atheros, so your driver is "mad wifi"
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/

wireless it working now.  used svn from Madwifi.  surprisingly easy and
works extremely well.

> modem is some kind of softmodem, normally they are part of the
soundcard, so
> if the soundcard isn't working there is no point in testing the modem..

now that soundcard is fully working, this is my next project.

>>> Video seems to work fine.  I don't have the ATI driver installed, so I
>>> just am using whatever xorg chose.  I suppose I could install ATI
>>> binaries and gain 3D video, but I would prefer to keep everything
>>> "apt-able".
>
> there is a ati, fglrx package
> fglrx-driver
> fglrx-kernel-src
> fglrx-control

I will give these a look when I get home.

> for the toshiba buttons..
> there are two other packages
>
> toshset - Access much of the Toshiba laptop hardware interface
> toshutils - Toshiba laptop utilities

will look at these also.  would be very nice to have everything work as
it was from factory (or better).