Re: ask an information

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 20:33 +0200, Nicola Conti wrote:
> Good morning,
> I'm an students and I would like install the operenting system DEBIAN
> into my machine (notebook ASUS model A6Q00KM) so I ask you if there
> are any problem of compatibility with my hardware.
> Thanks soo much for your time spending to answer to this mail.

Your hardware is most likely fine.  One of the quickest ways to tell
would be to download a "Linux Live" CD such as Knoppix:
http://www.knoppix.net

There is a good list of Linux Live CDs here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_CD

All of the Linux Live CDs are a Linux system on a CD, which you can boot
directly into from the CD.  None of them require repartitioning your
hard drive, and when you want to go back to your old OS, you remove the
CD from the drive and reboot.  Once you've made sure that it works (and
you've played around a bit), you'll probably want to install Debian onto
its own partition, because one of the problems with the Linux Live CDs
is that they don't carry anything over when you reboot.

-Ian