Re: ask an information

> On 9/22/06, Nicola Conti <nicola.conti@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good morning,
>> I'm an students and I would like install the operenting system DEBIAN
>> into
>> my machine (notebook ASUS model A6Q00KM) so I ask you if there are any
>> problem of compatibility with my hardware.

Nicola,

A good resource for starting is tuxmobil.org. Their page on asus laptops is
at http://tuxmobil.org/asus.html and contains several links for your
computer. http://www.ct.infn.it/~cardillo/linuxlaptop.html even lists
compatibility with Knoppix and Kubuntu, two Debian derivatives, and someone
has installed debian here: http://leufke.info/linux/asus/index.html.

The models are not exact, but most of the hardware will be the same. To find
out about your precise model, of course, the only solution is to install it
yourself. There is however something you can do first: both Knoppix and
Ubuntu have liveCDs that can be booted without installing.

LiveCDs is also helpful when you are installing Debian and something doesn't
work right: you can boot the liveCD and check the configuration.

Good luck,

-- javier