Re: Loss of hardware acceleration after fglrx upgrade to 8.28.8-0.1 in sid on a Thinkpad T43

Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> André Wendt wrote:
>> I have a T41p and am just curious: How can you tell that HW acceleration
>> is not enabled? Also, you might want to try
>>
>> grep fglrx /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>
>> and look for any warnings (WW) or errors (EE) at the beginning of lines.
>>   Although most of the things that don't work in 8.28 in fact didn't
>> work in 8.24 either, like HW accel and Composite extension...)
>>
> Also
>   grep rendering /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>   grep -3 fglrx_drv /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>   grep -3 fglrxdrm /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> At the moment I also have no concrete idea what may be wrong.

Thanks to all the people who sent me the ideas. I can revert back to
8.24 and kernel 2.6.16 when I need hardware acceleration. When I have
more time, I'll try to look at it again. May as well be a kernel
relate-related issue.

Regards,
ST