Re: Thinkpad, airo driver and WPA

Hi,
Am Samstag, 16. September 2006 10:20 schrieb John O'Hagan:
> On Friday 15 September 2006 23:16, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > take a look at
> > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Cisco_Aironet_Wireless_802.11b
> > for a better overview of the situation.
> >
> > On Fre, 15 Sep 2006, John O'Hagan wrote:
> > > I recently installed etch on a Thinkpad T40; it comes with a Cisco
> > > Aironet 350 mini-PCI wireless card, which uses the airo kernel module.
> > > Apparently this doesn't support WPA, which I need.
> > >
> > > Google tells me that there were a few moves afoot to include this
> > > support in the driver; but the latest report was from February - does
> > > anyone have more recent news on this; or a workaround?
>
> Thanks Florian.
>
> As it looks as if it may be a while, if at all, before WPA support finds
> its way into the driver, I am considering replacing the card with an
> IPW2100, which apparently is also an option in a T40, as long as the PCI-ID
> number is "authorized" (but this can be hacked:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_unauthorized_MiniPCI_network_car
>d). At least I know this driver works with WPA.
>
> Any reason not to do this?
>
> Regards,
>
> John

This cards also works fine with wpa, if you use ndiswrapper and the latest
windows drivers from cisco website.

Regards,
Peter

--
"The Death of One is a tragedy, the Death of Millions is just a statistic" -
M.M.

		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B