Re: Installing rpms and debs

On 8/22/06, Brandon Fogerty <bfogerty@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to install SDL Development Libraries so I did,

root@linux_laptop:/home/bfogerty/projects
/c++/sdl_test# apt-get install libsdl1.2debian-all
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
 Package libsdl1.2debian-all is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libsdl1.2debian-esd libsdl1.2debian-alsa libsdl1.2debian-nas
  libsdl1.2debian-arts libsdl1.2debian-oss
E: Package libsdl1.2debian-all has no installation candidate

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Select one of suggested packages, i.e. libsdl1.2debian-alsa if your
sound plays via ALSA, or libsdl1.2debian-esd if your sound plays
through ESD daemon, etc.

--
Best regards, Evgeny

mailto:e.sokolov@gmail.com  |  UIN:151282865  |  JID:eof@jabber.org.by