Re: No audio support

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:04:26 +0200 Markus Petermann
<markus.petermann@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Matthew Dawson wrote:
> > If arts is still enabled, the it seems that the sound system is
> > working.  Try going into kcontrol->Sound and Multimedia->Sound
> > System and click test sound. if it works, then it would seem you
> > are all set.  that message would appear everytime you login if it
> > didn't work.  Also when arts is started, any program that want to
> > use sound has to wait for arts to release its hold on alsa, or use
> > arts.  You can configure when arts releases its hold on alsa with
> > the Auto-Suspend feature.
> No, test sound does not work.
>
> When I use an audio program like XMMS or Noatun both program work and
> play audio files, but without sound output.

Which output-plugin? ALSA?
Does `cat /proc/asound/cards` give any info about an installed
soundcard?
If it does: did you unmute it in alsamuxer? (Sorry, but this is a very
common problem, ALSA mutes the Output after the first start...)

Regards
Evgeni

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)