Re: No audio support

Hello,

Matthew Dawson wrote:
> If arts is still enabled, the it seems that the sound system is working.  Try
> going into kcontrol->Sound and Multimedia->Sound System and click test sound.
> if it works, then it would seem you are all set.  that message would appear
> everytime you login if it didn't work.  Also when arts is started, any
> program that want to use sound has to wait for arts to release its hold on
> alsa, or use arts.  You can configure when arts releases its hold on alsa
> with the Auto-Suspend feature.
No, test sound does not work.

When I use an audio program like XMMS or Noatun both program work and
play audio files, but without sound output.

I tried to install the old ALSA sources (1.0.8) from Debian Sarge on
Etch, but I get a number of compiler errors. So this is also not an option.

At last I restarted my laptop and deactivated KDM before to avoid that
arts locks the sound system. When I use aplay or alsaplayer to play an
audio file I get no sound output too.

I think it is time to talk with the ALSA crew.

Greetings,
Markus