Re: losing mails

On 7/21/06, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:
Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my laptop I run Postfix to send mails. I receive mails from my
> gmail account using fetchmail.
[snip]

Why bother with all this ? Use an email client like Thunderbird directly
with gmail to handle your mail.

What if you have your own domain but no hosting services. You want to
receive mails for your domain. You can, ofcourse, forward incoming
mails to a gmail account and pull from thre using fetchmail.

But how do you send mails ?
Running a local mailserver on the laptop won't help. Your mails will
get tagged as spam because the Reverse DNS entries won't match.

I'm asking this to know if any user here has similar situation or not.
If yes, how do you tackle it.

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf