Wifi & usbmouse: From Sarge to Etch

Hi

I had a perfect working Sarge installation and decided to upgrade to
Etch. My laptop is a Asus M6Ne running a custom 2.6.11.10 patched to
improve my synaptics touchpad.
After the upgrade i couldn't get XOrg to start, but after googling
around i reinstalled hotplug instead of udev. To be honest i don't
know the difference, but the core-pointer error stopped.
Unfortunately i still have two major problems.

1) Wifi
I'm using the ngolde script, http://ngolde.de/laptop.html, to start
my wifi. If you have a working ipw2200 WIFI-nic on Etch. I would
like to know how, kernel and driver version.
	The error is:
	Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    	SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.
	Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
    	SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.

	DMesg:
	ipw2200: ipw-2.2-boot.fw load failed: Reason -2
	ipw2200: Unable to load firmware: 0xFFFFFFFE
	ipw2200: failed to register network device
	ipw2200: probe of 0000:02:02.0 failed with error -5

2) usbmouse
My plain 3 button Logitech mouse isn't working. All usb-modules and
mouse modules are built into the kernel. If I cat /dev/psaux or
/dev/input/mouse1, i get an output when moving the mouse. But when
the device is writing into xorg.conf, there is still no response in X.
	Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "usbMouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol"          "ImPS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
        Option      "Device"            "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Buttons"           "5"
	EndSection

Thank you in advance...

Best Regards