Re: Suspend - no resume

I have one averatec 3270 with debian sid and kernel 2.6.16-1-k7
I am not using hibernate or suspend 2.

edited  the kopt option in /boot/grub/menu.lst to:
# kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro vga=791 quiet acpi_sleep=s3_bios
I had suceed suspend-to-disk with acpi and doing:
echo disk > /sys/power/state
for suspen to ram:
echo mem > /sys/power/state
but it doesnt work. the system suspend propertly but when i try to wake
up. the system wake up, i can ssh into it but the lcd display still off.

i had done some scripts to automate the sleep-to-disk when i close my desktop lid.

here it is:
/etc/acpi/events/lid :

#/etc/acpi/events/lid
# Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello <gnuleoATgmail.com >
event=button[ /]lid
action="">### END OF FILE ##############

/etc/acpi/lid.sh :

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/acpi/lid.sh
# Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello <gnuleoATgmail.com>
echo disk > /sys/power/state
###END OF FILE ###############

now :

#chmod +x /etc/acpi/lid.sh

#aptitude purge hibernate

Close your notebook lid and be happy :-D

if anyone knows what i need to do to have suspend to ram working tell me please :-D

2006/5/26, Tamas K Papp <tpapp@princeton.edu>:
On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:21:40AM +0300, Ossi Väänänen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm using suspend2 as well on my two debian laptops (lifebook p1510 and
> acer aspire 5021). I'm not using initrd at all with the setup, for
> obvious reasons: as I anyway had to roll your own kernel with suspend2
> patches, it was much less trouble to compile enough stuff statically
> into the kernel than to start hacking the linuxrc in initrd to notice
> when to resume and when to just boot.
>
> The basic idea is:
> - compile all IDE/ATA bus related stuff into the kernel statically (so
> that the kernel can access your discs without loading the modules from
> the initrd)
> - and filesystem support to mount your root filesystem, too
> - and the suspend2 stuff as well
>
> After that, just boot without initrd, with something like the following
> in your grub config:
> title           2.6.16 -- no rd, resume
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16 root=/dev/hda1 rw
> resume2=swap:/dev/hda5 noapic
> savedefault
> boot

another thing: try suspending without X first: eg Ctrl-Alt-F1, and
then as root, stop gdm (xdm, etc) with

/etc/init.d/gdm stop

On the suspend2.net page, there are other hints on debugging, see

http://www.suspend2.net/HOWTO-5.html#ss5.3

Tamas