Re: No Sound from CD but DVD/MP3 sound is fine

> Its not linux related but hardware related. Your CDrom Audio cable is
> not connected to the soundcard's CD Audio slot. Most likely, to save
> space, Laptops doesnt have CD audio slot's in their soundcards. On
> windows it'll work because windows includes 'Digital Audio Extraction'
> for CD/DVD roms. A similar driver for linux will do the trick.
>
> Ace.

As far as I remember the libcdaudio.so library/plugin also supports Digital
Audio Extraction (if your drive supports DAE, that is).
Using xmms/libaudiocd.so it should be possible to play CD's without the
audio cable.
I think that I actually did that once, but I can't verify this, as all my
current systems are fitted with the audio cable.

Jan

--
** Do NOT use the reply-to address. You'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: jan AT schledermann D0T org