Re: accented characters in console and openoffice

I use xterm with latest debian unstable (last time I updated on
friday) and my locale settings are:
% locale
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

And I didn't notice any problems with displaying russian unicode
symbols in any application. The only exception is epiphany - sometimes
it shows two rotated squares with question signs in it instead of
random single character. On the same page the same letter in the other
places looks as it should. Seems it's only epiphany's bug in unicode
locale.

When I upgraded last time I had errors while upgrading 'locales'
package. "apt-get install -f" solved this problem and 'locales'
package was configured properly.

--
Best regards, Evgeny

mailto:e.sokolov@gmail.com  |  UIN:151282865  |  JID:eof@jabber.org.by