Re: Display troubles with Mobility Radeon 7500

Francois MICHONNEAU wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your answers but unfortunately I have already done the 2
possibilities offered (change "ati" to "radeon", and my resolution
appears in the subsection "Display" of my XF86Config-4 file) and the
problem persists.
So I am ready to study other possiblities...

What happens if you hold down CTRL and ALT and then press the "+" or the
"-" key on the numerical pad? This should cycle through all supported
resolutions.

Problems with high resolutions can result from insufficient video ram.
You could try to reduce the "DefaultDepth" in your XF86Config-4 config
file, e.g. from 24 to 16, and see if that improves anything. In any
case, if you have a resolution specified in XF86Config-4 and it cannot
be displayed, there should be an error message or at least a warning in
/var/log/XFree86.0.log. This might give you additional information; try
the following command (after X has been started):

egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Regards,
          Florian