Re: Problem to configure Deban Sarge on Asus L3000D!

nikor6@free.fr wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have install Debian on my Asus L300D but I have some problèmes
to configure the power management and my screen resolution.

My video card is a SIS M650_651_650_740, during the installation I took the
vesa driver by mistake but I changed that using dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
but no result my max resolution is still 800x600 instead of 1024x768.

Make sure that you have the packages "discover", "mdetect", "xresprobe"
and "read-edid" installed. Then run "dpkg-reconfigure --priority=low
xserver-xfree86". The dialog should offer you the option to select the
"sis" driver and a higher resolution. If the display still does not work
nicely after that, post your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and the output of
"egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/XFree86.0.log" (error messages and
warnings of the X server). More information about the sis driver can be
found with "man sis".

For the power management i have install, acpi with powernowd. I have noticed
that
during the boot that there is something that it doesn't found in sysfs.conf
but I don't manage to figure out what.

Regarding the error message during boot: You might be able to stop the
display by pressing the "ScrollLock" key at the right moment so that you
can read the message. (The boot process will continue when you press the
key a second time.) Otherwise might be enough to look at output of the
"dmesg" command (which you have to run as root), or you could activate
the bootlog daemon by changing /etc/default/bootlogd so that the second
line reads "BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes".

Regarding your problem with acpi and the fan: The first thing to check
is if all necessary modules are loaded properly. You can do this with
"lsmod | grep acpi". My guess is that you should see at least
"acpi_fan", "acpi_processor", "acpi_thermal" and "acpi_asus". If some
modules are missing you can try to load them with modprobe (as root),
e.g. "modprobe acpi_asus". If you get any error messages you should post
them here.

Regards,
            Florian