Re: Debian on USB external Harddisk drive

>  -  Does the GRUB bootloader recognizes external USB harddisk on which
> debian will be installed
i've tried to install grub on a usbpen and grub (on hdd) recognize the pen like (hd1) so you can run linux on the usb hard drive using grub command with (hdX) ....

That is not important. I think that you do not really want grub in your mbr
of your laptop. But you can try to change the boot sources. On my laptop I
have to press F12 on boot.
if he will change the boot sequence he'll have grub on MBR of the external disk.... my experience with grub on a usb device isn't beautiful so i think it's better to install grub on the hard disk...

to use the usb device at boot remember to enable "support usb legacy" or similar in your bios...

MSN Messenger. Il modo più divertente di comunicare online. Provalo subito, è Gratis! http://www.msn.it/messenger/v7