Re: nx6125 wifi

Florian Kulzer wrote:

There is a Debian package for BCM43xx drivers, but you have to install
the right one for your kernel. If the output of "uname -a" is something like

Linux your_hostname 2.6.15-1-k7 ...

then you need to run (as root)

apt-get install bcm43xx-modules-2.6.15-1-k7

and afterwards

modprobe bcm43xx

Ok, Florian, this is the ACER Aspire 3610 [0] man back to strike...;-)

Ndiswrapper with acer_acpi ended up working fine, I tested it at a
friend's place which catches wireless thru the neighbourhood...;-P

But I try to be `truly Debian' and hence tried to put it all down
and:

Ended up jumping from 2.6.8-2-686 w/ndiswrapper and acer_acpi to
linux-2.6.15-1-686 with bcm43xxx drivers from unstable branch (I ride a Celeron processor), and played then

'apt-get install bcm43xx-modules-2.6.15-1-686'

Installed flawless :-) Followed the steps you pointed in your last mail.

¡¡BUT!!

Well, suddenly wlan0 appears as eth1.

`iwconfig eth1' shows:

eth1      IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:off/any  Nickname:"Broadcom 4318"
Mode:Managed Access Point: Invalid Bit Rate=1 Mb/s RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
         Encryption key:off
         Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

As I told in earlier posts, I've got no wireless router at home.

`iwlist eth1 scan' shows:
eth1      Interface doesn't support scanning : No such device

--MMMMhhh...???? What does this mean?

What am I missing? What opinions on this do you have?

Cheers,

Juan Javier Martínez.

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2006/03/msg00090.html