Re: ipw2200 [Wifi Driver] compile problems

James Brown wrote:
chris jackson wrote:

[...]

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's helpful thank you. I guess I need to compile the latest kernel for Etch and check the options for ipw2200 during make menuconfig. Also, do you know if there any options I should be checking to get WPA and WEP support as well?

One thing stopping me upgrading my kernel (I currently have 2.6.8-16) is this:

# apt-cache search kernel-source-2.6
# kernel-source-2.6.8 - Linux kernel source for version 2.6.8 with Debian patches

In other words, the latest version appears to be 2.6.8 rather than 2.6.15, which you mentioned above. I'm definately following Etch according to my sources.list:

 > deb-src ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,

James.

I think I've just answered my own question:

# apt-show-versions | grep kernel-source
> kernel-source-2.6.8 2.6.8-16 installed: No available version in archive

I guess the replacement for the "kernel-source-*" packages is "linux-image-*".

Does anyone know a good site which runs through the make menuconfig options for a newbie? I still need to know which options are needed for the ipw2200 and WPA/WEP.

Regards,

James.