sound on ACER 1640

Dear All

(I added an appropriate subject; I hope this won't start a new thread)

Le Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 05:41:47AM -0800, Kalyan Kumar R écrivait/wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am new to Debian (No wonder sinces its popularity among the open source communities) that atleast now even though late I could catch up with Debian.
> I want to install Debian on my laptop & I did. All are working except the sound. I have a ACER Aspire 1640 laptop which has built in speaker & mic.

Try to understand what hardware you've got by running the following command
   lspci
then google for Linux + the relevant output line for your sound chip.

Maybe also the volume is set to 0, try installing aumix and run it to
increase the volume.

Regards

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net