Unidentified subject!

Hi There,

I am new to Debian (No wonder sinces its popularity among the open source communities) that atleast now even though late I could catch up with Debian.
I want to install Debian on my laptop & I did. All are working except the sound. I have a ACER Aspire 1640 laptop which has built in speaker & mic. I did everything unmuted the speakers tried every option that is available to me. But i could not hear any sounds from my laptop running Debain now.

I am very much thankful & greatful to you if you can provide me a solution for this.

Anticipating prompt reply.

Best Regards
R. Kalyankumar

Yahoo! Mail