Re: Suspend2-patch vs Debian Sarge (official) kernel 2.6.16sarge1

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:25:11 +0100
luca ferraro <luca.ferraro@tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> I have a laptop with Debian Sarge with a kernel recompiled from debian
> package kernel-source-2.6.8 (versione 2.6.8-16sarge1, which is the one
> in the official debian stable repository).
>
> The patch suspend2 doesn't apply for this kernel, while it is told in
> suspend2/README.Debian to work fine with kernel 2.6.8-15 (no more avaible!)
>
> Questions are:
> 1) Which are the differences that makes this useful patch not work in
> current stable kernel source ?
> 2) Can I force the patch to apply to my kernel? How?
> 3) Is there any intent to allow this suspend2-patch to work with the
> official stable release of Debian (which most users have) ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> luca ferraro

Hi Luca,

Why not use ACPIs suspend?

just do:
echo -n "disk" > /sys/power/state

and have
resume=/dev/hdc5 pmdisk=/dev/hdc5
in your kernel parameters (in /boot/grub/menu.lst), where /dev/hdc5 is (in my case) the swap partition.

Regards,

Rob