Debian on Acer Aspire 3002LCI

Hello Everyone!!!

I've bought an Acer Aspire 3002LCI and I'm having difficulty in
configuring the x-server. I tried using xf86config and selecting the
driver number 493, which is sis 3D, because mine is sis M760GX 3D but
it didn't work. I've installed the x-server using apt-cdrom add,
apt-get install x-window-system. It has installed a lot of packages.
When running the xf86config tool I choose the following settings:
Mouse: 4. PS/2 (Mine is a touchpad and it didn't work in xf86cfg); No
emulate 3 buttons; /dev/psaux; 1 Generic 101-key PC; U.S. English; No
additional XKB; 4 for hsync; 3 vsync range; 493 for driver sis 3D pro
agp (sis6326); 8 for memory; 1024x768 800x600 640x480 for 8/16/24 bit
resolutions (No virtual screen for all); 5 for 24 bits colors.

After the configuration, when I run startx, my screen turns black and
I can't change to another shell (CTRL+ALT+F[1-6]), but if I type
CTRL+C and reboot my machines restarts what means it's still working,
unfortunately without X-Windows.

I've installed debian from a dvd GNU/Linux Debian Sarge 3.1 and when
booting I passed just "linux" as option boot, which I believe installs
the kernel 2.4. Do I have to pass some other options at boot for
solving this problem?

One more thing: When debian boot it stops some time (like a minute)
trying to initialize a service called MTA: exim4. Is there a way of
cancel it like using chkconfig or ntsysv just to have a faster boot
process?

Thanks for the attention!!!

--
Henrique