From: Digby Tarvin [mailto:digbyt@acm.org]
Sent: Thu 2/2/2006 6:56 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: 2.5" hard drive opinions..

I've decided to upgrade the HDD in my notebook for my Debian install,
and it looks to me like 100GB is about the best value for money at
the moment...

There isn't much difference in price, and I havn't found much in the
way of reviews online, so I thought I would ask to see if anyone on
this list had any recomendations, experience, etc...

It an older 233MHz Pentium MMX notebook, so I don't need (and can't use)
SATA and the like.

Seagate ST9100824A, Toshiba MK1031GAS and Fujitsu MHV2100AM are available
locally, and as far as I can determine compatable.

The Toshiba is about 20% cheaper, but 4200rpm rather than 5400rpm.

Other than that, I can't see much to choose between them...

Regards,
DigbyT
--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                          digbyt(at)digbyt.com
http://www.digbyt.com