Re: Thinkpad + acpid: Shutting down when running low on battery

André Wendt wrote:
whenever I am on batteries, my battstat-applet in GNOME warns me if
there's only 5% of capacity left. However, that's still 10-15 minutes
which I want to use to save battery life -- I'm afraid plugging the cable
in too early is going to waste the battery (correct me if I'm wrong here).

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Guidelines for prolonging Li-ion battery life:
Unlike NiCad batteries or NiMH batteries, lithium-ion batteries should be charged early and often.

Johannes