Inspiron 4100, APM, blinking lights

I'm wondering if anyone running a Dell Inspiron 4100, debian kernel
sources 2.6.15, with apm compiled in has seen a periodic problem with APM
suspends where the numlock and screenlock lights just blink on and off
repeatedly and the resume does not work.  I looked at the number of times
this happens and its about 2 times out of every 30 suspends.  I hardly
ever reboot the laptop since APM has worked so flawlessly for me and this
is not bad; but it causes me a bit of desire to find out if others
experience similar things with a 4100 and APM suspends.

The way I suspend is to simply shut the lid closed and when I resume
the laptop, its by opening the screen up.

If I switch to ACPI really bad things happen so I have pretty much stayed
over in APM-land on this aprticular system.

Thanks!

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org