New web forum for linux on laptops: http://www.openlaptops.org

Hi,
OpenLaptops.org is not here to steal people from any particular forum (Gentoo,
Ubuntu, Debian, etc). It is not trying to be a duplicate of tuxmobil.org
or any of the other sites out there for Linux mobile computing. And it is not
the devil incarnate.

Now, what it is:

OpenLaptops is a place for people to share experiences about their laptops, and
help others with similar problems on similar laptops. It is to talk about new
issues with power saving, and mobile gaming. It is here to supplement tuxmobil
and other sites that give great articles and generic responses people have
about laptops. It is just a place for discussion about laptops, not a place to
read about them.

To understand why we are doing this, it might be better to explain were it came
from. My first laptop was an Asus M6N, great laptop, but not the greatest
linux support when it came out (and still not all there). A guy from New York
create a forum for people to share experiences about the Asus M6N, I was one of
the first to extend the forum to the Asus M6Ne lines, and not it is for the
entire M6* line of laptops. Well the original creator of the site had passed on
the privileges when it got rid of his Asus and went with the another brand
laptop. Over the course of the year, I have notice that we are getting new
users, but we are also losing members as they are getting new laptops, with the
lost members, you lose the knowledge they acquired about general configuration
of linux on a laptop.

Me and another member of m6n forum got together and decided move that board to
a more generic forum, on that allows members to stay on the forum as the move
from one laptop to the next. I know that my next laptop won't be another Asus,
and I will still like a community to get support, and have it be from the
people I already know and sort of trust, instead of a completely new forum,
were I don't know who really knows what.

We are coming here today to
introduce to y'all the site, and hopefully get a few people that have some time
on their hands to add another forum to their plethora of sites they visit in a
day. Whether it is just to stop in and see what's going, or you have your on
laptop, and just haven't been able to find help in certain topics for your
laptop, or maybe become actively involved in helping others with their laptops.

We hope to see a few of y'all in the board, and are welcome to ideas and
suggestions.

http://www.openlaptops.org

Regards
Nico