Re: Thinkpad Z60T suspend to ram

Lei Kong wrote:
Hi,

I have problems with getting suspend-to-ram/resume work on
my thinkpad z60t. When resuming, it always gave me a blank screen.
I know the machine is running because I can ssh onto it.

Z60T comes with Intel 915GM display controller, and I am using
the i810 driver shipped with xorg.6.8.2. My login manager is kdm.
The kernel is 2.6.15 compiled from source, with acpi and thinkpad
acpi extra built-in. I also installed the debian hibernate and vbetool
packages.

The suspend-to-ram process looks fine. I tried the workaround
on thinkwiki, saving display state to a temp file and recovering
when resuming, but it didn't work. Some resuming information
(acpi ...) was diplayed first, then the screen still went blank.
I have tried both the hibernate script with configuration to suspend
to ram and echo 'mem' > /sys/power/state.

Some says the problem is due to the lack of power management of sata
driver, but that is not my case, since my machine does not hang when
resuming, as described.

The following is my /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf

UseSysfsPowerState mem
Verbosity 0
LogFile /var/log/hibernate.log
LogVerbosity 1
SaveClock restore-only
UnloadBlacklistedModules yes
LoadModules auto
DownInterfaces eth0
UpInterfaces auto
EnableVbetool yes
SwitchToTextMode yes

Does your display problem occur when you suspend/resume from a virtual
terminal or only when you suspend X? If the problem is with X then the
option "UseDummyXServer yes" in hibernate.conf might fix it. Generally I
would recommend to start from the hibernate.conf which is shipped with
Debian and incorporate your changes/additions. I think the Debian
developers have spent quite some time to tweak this configuration file
and there are a number of comments about additional X-related options
which might be helpful.

Regards,
           Florian