Re: Issues with updated Linux

Jen,

How is your mouse configured?  What type of mouse is it -- PS/2, serial,
USB?  If it is USB, does unplugging it and plugging it back in help?
Does your touchpad continue to work even if your mouse doesn't?

If you could, show us the contents of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
or /etc/X11/xorg.conf files.  (You may have one or the other, or even
possibly both.)  Also, the contents of your /etc/apt/sources (or which
versions of Debian you are tracking, if you know).

Do you know if gpm is installed?  If it is, could you send us
your /etc/gpm.conf file?

I'm wondering if the Dec 20th update was the XF86 4 -> Xorg update.  I
think that's about the right timeframe if you are tracking etch (aka
testing).  If that's the case, it is entirely possible that something
got messed up in your configuration at that time.

Also, do you have suspend to disk or suspend to ram configured?  If so,
does suspending and resuming cause your mouse to come back?

-Ian