Re: *** bluber *** Re: Male xxxxxx enhancement formula^

On 5/24/05, Derek Broughton <derek@pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> I see absolutely no reason why the lists should be open to all posters.  It's
> not hard to figure out how to subscribe to a list - even Windows users do it
> all the time.

It's not that subscribing or unsubscribing is difficult, it's that it
creates at least a small deterrence, especially for a high-volume
list.  This is more relevant for d-u than d-l, but the principle's the
same.  It's easy enough to request Cc's if you're not on the list, or
to watch for responses on the archive page, and you don't get any mail
that you don't want.  It can take days (or in some cases weeks) to
sort out a problem, and in that time a lot of unwanted email can
arrive.

Again, for me this was enough of a deterrent that I've given up on
making suggestions for or asking for help with the ns2 simulator.  The
list volume just isn't worth it.  And this from someone subscribed to
debian-user.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh