Re: *** bluber *** Re: Male xxxxxx enhancement formula^

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 19:50, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2005-05-24 15:33:39, schrieb Joe Emenaker:
> > For some reason, the Debian lists, as a group, don't seem to be doing
> > any spam filtering, even though mailing lists would *particularly*
> > benefit from things like SpamAssassin's auto-whitelisting.
>
> This is not right. Murphy is filtering and
> there are more then 150.000 SPAMS per day.
>
> I know two of the List-Masters and they do
> a very good job already.

I don't wish to criticize the list masters (particularly because I don't think
_they're_ the problem - people like you are, with your desire to keep the
lists wide open), but they do _not_ do a good job with spam, or we wouldn't
have the problem with it on the Debian lists.

I see absolutely no reason why the lists should be open to all posters.  It's
not hard to figure out how to subscribe to a list - even Windows users do it
all the time.
--
derek