Re: how does debian know how many times it has been rebooted? (was disable dosfsck)

Hi Ben,

it is the filesystem which keeps track of this information (not every filesystem supports this information, but ext2/ext3 does). For example when I do on my system (where /dev/hda1 is one partition with ext2/ext3 file system)

   dumpe2fs /dev/hda1

I get a long list of information, amongst which I find the lines:

   Mount count:              12
   Maximum mount count:      30

which says, since the last filesystem check it was mounted 12 times and it should be checked again on boot time when the maximum mount count of 30 is reached.

So it is not a script issue.

Cheers,
- Martin