how does debian know how many times it has been rebooted? (was disable dosfsck)

Hi All,

Well my subject just about says it all and I know its not really laptop specific but..

I presume that there is a script somewhere in my init.d that checks how many times each partition has been mounted and when that number is reached does a fsck..

is this correct? can anyone tell me what it is?!!

the end result I am after is a script that I can copy & modify to enable dosfsck to check my vfat drives after every X boots as opposed to every boot.

Thanks to Michelle for pointing me in the right direction so far..

If anyone can provide a solution please cc me as I seem to be having problems getting mail delivered from debian laptop.

Cheers,

Ben.