Re: strange harddisk noise

Am 2005-01-18 15:15:57, schrieb Martin Bock:
> Hello!
>
> In October 2003 I purchased my Acer Travelmate 801. Now since today my
> harddisk makes strange noise, similar to old CPU fans hitting their
> closure. Though the noise is not very loud I am worried.

But, - if your harddrive sounds like a cat, then is soething wromg...

Backup your data, because your Toshiba has reached the end of live.
I use since many years IBM Travelstar and had no problems...

> If yes, what is your experience regarding Acer or Toshiba (hd
> manufactuer) customer service/warranty handling?

Maybe you get trouble with Acer, but Toshiba has 3 years waranty,
but NOT from the date you have bought the Harddisk...

The time counts from the month, it was manufactured.

> Thanks a bunch, Martin Bock

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi